Application Requirements for International Students:
1. High school graduate or above, qualified for university entrance, medically sound foreigners.
2. According to the regulations released by Ministry of Education, China, emigrants from mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan applying as international students must have obtained their current foreign citizenship before April 30, 2016. In addition, the applicant must have lived abroad for at least 2 years during the period between April 30, 2016 and April 30, 2020.
Application Period: From November 12, 2019 to December 13, 2019.
Application Fee: 800 RMB (online payment, non-refundable)
Step 1. Online Application
Apply online at http://admission.iso.fudan.edu.cn. Please finish the online application procedure (choose self-support→UIPE) and upload the scanned copies of required documents.
Step 2. Submit online application and pay application fee.
Step 3. Wait for the university’s response on online application.
Please check the online application and email frequently, correct and complete online application as the university requests.
Step 4. As online application approved, download and print out the Application Form, send it with other required documents to the university.
★The paper application documents should be submitted in person or by others on behalf of the applicant, or submitted by express mail to International Programs Office, School of Economics, Room 408, 600 Guoquan Road, Shanghai 200433, P. R. China (Tel: 86-21-55664509)
★The paper application documents must be received by December 31, 2019, otherwise it will be considered as a withdrawal of application.
Please send the following required paper application documents:
1. Application Form in PDF with the applicant’s photo and signature. The photo should be a 35mm*49mm-sized photo with white background.
2. Photocopy of valid passport identification page. Only Ordinary Passport is accepted and the expiry date should be after September 30, 2020. Applicants currently residing in China must include a copy of the page containing a valid visa or residence permit.
3. Diploma of highest degree conferred or proof of impending graduation (for applicants in their final year of study) (Original or notarized copy, with notarized Chinese or English translation, if original one is not in Chinese or English)
4. Transcripts of highest degree conferred (original or notarized copy, with notarized Chinese or English translation, if original one is not in Chinese or English)
5. Certified copy of TOEFL (IBT) score of 90 or above or IELTS (Academic) score 6.5 or above, taken within two years prior to application date (only for applicants from non-English speaking countries), students from high school with major courses taught in English may be waivered of TOELF or IELTS requirements.
6. Personal statement, no more than 1500 words in English, including but not limited to motivation for application and details on academic skills, community activities, awards received, personal strengths, study plan, and life goals.
7. Two letters of recommendation in English from whom can attest to the quality of the applicant’s academic performance and scholastic potential. The letters must include referees’ phone number and email address.
8. Applicants who are under 18 years old by September 1, 2020, must submit a Guarantee Statement, which can be downloaded from the website (https://iso.fudan.edu.cn/isoenglish/，click “Admissions→Undergraduate”). The guarantor should be an adult, living in mainland China with a stable source of income.
9. Emigrants from mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, or Taiwan must submit proof of naturalization and copy of entry and exit stamps on passports from the past four years or evidence of residing abroad for at least two of the last four years*.
10. Emigrants who are not from mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, or Taiwan, but have spent two or more of the last four years* in mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, or Taiwan as a resident or student, must submit evidence of being foreign citizens at birth, as well as all the copies of visa or residence permit during the stay in China.
11.Applicants may send additional documents which may demonstrate their comprehensive abilities along with the required documents, for example, award certificates, published essays, admission notices from other universities, etc.
*“Last four years” is defined as the time period between April 30, 2016 and April 30, 2020.
* Holders of SAT/IB/GCE A-Level/ACT must meet the minimum requirement as following:
IB Diploma is required, with 3 HL courses and 3 SL courses； Maths HL is a must, with total score≥32
Minimum 3 A-Level courses，with Maths≥B;
The other 2 courses should be relevant to the major of Economics, with C or above
*Early application is strongly suggested.
*Additional application documents may be required when necessary.
*Application documents will not be returned.
1. Date: March 28, 2020 (Saturday)
After examining the applicants’ documents, the university will inform the qualified applicants of the exact time for interview. Applicants living in Shanghai will have a face-to-face interview at Fudan University, while other applicants will be interviewed online or by our alumni resided in the respective applicant’s country on behalf of Fudan University.
2. Interview Admission Ticket
From March 25, 2020, applicants can print an Interview Admission Ticket on http://admission.iso.fudan.edu.cn. This ticket and passport are required to be presented for interview.
Applicants who are being interviewed in person must enter Mainland China with valid passports and visa, residence permit or foreign permanent resident ID card, otherwise the eligibility for interview will be forfeited.
Qualified students will be selected according to the results based on the interview and application documents.
Pre-admission results will be published on the International Student Office website in late April 2020, and the tuition fee needs to be paid in advance.
The formal admission notices will be sent in late May.
*The change of major is not allowed during the study period.
Time of Enrollment: September 2020 (for specific times, please refer to the Admission Notice)
Tuition: 54600 RMB/Year (exact amount of tuition fee will be announced upon enrollment)
Means of Oversight:
The undergraduate admission process shall be open, the selection process shall be fair, and admissions results made public.
Department of Supervision for Admissions
Tel: +86-21-65642601 E-mail: email@example.com
1. Inquiries about application eligibility and process
Admission Division, International Students Office, Fudan University
No.220, Handan Road, Shanghai 200433
Tel: +86-21-65642258 Fax: +86-21- 65117298
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: http://iso.fudan.edu.cn
Office Hour: Monday to Friday, 8:00-11:30, 13:30-17:00
2. Inquiries about academic eligibility, curriculum, and assessment methods
International Programs Office, School of Economics, Fudan University
Room 408, 600 Guoquan Road, Shanghai 200433, P. R. China
Tel: +86-21-55664509Fax: +86-21-55664890
E-mail: email@example.comWebsite: http://www.econ.fudan.edu.cn/
The date and time mentioned above are Beijing Time.
The information above is subject to change and may be updated at any time. Please regularly check the website of International Students Office. The final explanation by International Students Office of Fudan University shall prevail.