Online Application Deadline – Fall 2020 entry
How to Apply
Step One: Online Application
A. Apply for one or both scholarships by following the instruction at (self-support applicants shall skip this step)
a) Chinese Government Scholarship (CSC): https://iso.fudan.edu.cn/isoenglish/8d/07/c17458a167175/page.htm
b) Shanghai Government Scholarship (SGS): http://study.edu.sh.gov.cn/
B. Apply for the specific study program (no program code set for 2-year EMA programs): go to http://admission.iso.fudan.edu.cn/front/toLogin.do?ptUserId=33; select "self-support" as the funding source and then complete the online application in the Fudan ISO application system before the dealines. Documents needed during the online application:
1. Degree certificate. Applicants who have not graduated or received the bachelor’s degree by the time of application are required to provide an official letter from the current university stating the expected graduation date.
2. Official transcript (with GPA or grading conversion table to 100-mark system)
3. Personal statement (over 500 English words)
4. Resume/CV in English
5. Two reference letters (or mail the sealed reference letters, see Step Two)
6. Photocopy of the personal information page of the valid passport (passport must be valid at least until September 2020)
7. Valid TOEFL or IELT score report. Native English speakers or applicants who have graduated from English-taught degree programs can be waived from the language requirement.
Step Two: Mail the Required Materials to SOE
Applicants are strongly suggested to log on to the application system daily to track the application status. The review of the online application will start immediately and usually be run on a weekly basis. Any comments as well as the result of the online application will be published in the system.
The applicants who pass the first-round assessment are required to mail the following paper materials to the designated address:
1. Two copies of the completed application form (downloaded from the online system)
2. Two copies of the personal information page of the valid passport (passport must be valid at least until September 2020)
3. Sealed reference letter/s (not needed if already uploaded to the online system)
4. Other required documents for scholarship applications applied through Fudan University
Step Three: Online Interview
After a holistic review of the application materials, some applicants will get to the next steps directly while some will be notified to attend the interview as additional assessment. All the interviews will be done via Skype and the interview notification will be sent to the email address that the applicants put in the online system. Please note all interviews will be scheduled on weekdays and during business hours. Applicants who miss the interview without prior approval from the EMA programs office will be regarded as dropping out of the application.
Scholarships & Funding